Request professional advice

Last updated on 05 July 2022

We have a professional advisory service for assessors requesting our ACC and Whaikaha – Ministry of Disabled People funded services.

The service offers assessors support with decision-making and clinical reasoning, such as: 

  • technical advice on solutions to meet the person’s injury-or-disability-related needs
  • advice on operational policy and access and eligibility criteria.

Our team of qualified and experienced allied health professionals includes occupational therapists, physiotherapists, an audiologist and an optometrist. All hold current annual practising certificates.

Our advisory services may include the person who is being assessed: Also, their family, whānau or caregivers, and Whaikaha – Ministry of Disabled People or ACC staff.

Requests for professional advice

For information about how and when to request professional advice, please choose one of the following options:

Email our ACC Housing team

Email our Hearing Aid and Spectacle Subsidy Services team

Complete a request for EMS assessor advice (external website)

Contact Enable New Zealand

Enquiries about our professional advisory services

ACC and the Whaikaha – Ministry of Disabled People fund us to provide professional advisory services.

For more information, please contact our Service Manager, Professional Services at our Head Office, Palmerston North.

Contact Enable New Zealand