Guide to MRES hire equipment
This guide is to assist ACC Assessors with consideration of MRES hire equipment as opposed to purchase/re-issue equipment with a recall date.
Sometimes it may seem easier to hire equipment for a short period, but it is important to consider purchasing of equipment rather than hire as a cost-effective solution.
Short Term Equipment Check List
If you answer yes to any of the questions below it is appropriate to proceed with purchase or to re-issue equipment with a recall date. If none of these apply, then generally it is appropriate to proceed with hire.
- Is the equipment on the ACC list?
- Is there a re-issue item available? (check equipment inventory in MRES app)
- Is the proposed equipment for hire likely to be re-issued to another client?
- Is hire needed longer than 2 months?
- Is the anticipated total cost of hire more than purchase?
Note: Hire equipment can also be considered if urgent and available faster than purchase.