Our services during COVID-19
On 3 December 2021, the COVID-19 Protection Framework (traffic light system) came into effect. Here's how we operate at the framework's different settings.
Our services at Green
At Green our services are operating as usual. Visitors to all Enable New Zealand sites, except for EASIE Living and warehouse clinics, must have a Vaccine Pass.
Our services at Orange and Red
At Orange and Red, Enable New Zealand’s services operate normally but with some added safety precautions. Visitors to all Enable New Zealand sites, except for EASIE Living and clinics, must have a Vaccine Pass.
If we need to come to your home to deliver, repair, or collect equipment, we, or our service providers, may call to ask you a few questions first.
These questions will be about whether anyone in your home whether anyone in your home is isolating, symptomatic or COVID positive.
We may also ask you if anyone in your home has a compromised immune system.
Your answers to these questions help us determine how to deliver our services safely.
These safety measures may include:
- Maintaining a 2-metre distance between you and our team
- Wearing face coverings
- If we’re collecting equipment from you, we may ask you to leave it outside your door
- If delivering equipment, we may arrange for contactless drop off
- For modifications in the home, we will use appropriate PPE and take other protection measures as appropriate.
Our services in lockdown
Most of Enable New Zealand’s services continue to operate under COVID-19 lockdown.
These are the services that continue to operate under lockdown (contactless wherever possible):
- Delivery of equipment
- Repair of equipment
- Essential housing modifications that are needed to keep a person safe or enable them to be discharged from hospital
- Our contact centre will continue to be available to answer your queries
- Collection of equipment
- Equipment trials
These are the services that are suspended under lockdown:
- Outreach face-to-face services such as wheelchair clinics (Telehealth where possible)
- Non-essential housing modifications
If our staff or contractors need to visit your home, they will need to ask you some additional questions to assess whether anyone in your home is isolating, symptomatic or Covid positive. They can then determine the safest way to proceed.
Equipment deliveries will be contactless, unless we need to setup equipment in your home. If you need any support to set up or retrieve equipment, we will work with you to get the help you need on a case-by-case basis.
You can continue to contact us via the usual ways.
If an Enable staff member or contractor contracts COVID-19 or is a close contact
In the event a staff member or contractor contracts COVID-19 or becomes a close contact, plans are in place to mitigate risk to clients and ensure that we can continue to deliver our services.
Information about Covid-19 for disabled people and their whānau, including access to easy read guides can be found on the Ministry of Health website.