Short term loan equipment hire for DHBs
Enable New Zealand owns and manages a range of equipment items that District Health Boards (DHBs) can hire to meet short term loan requirements.
Equipment available for hire includes: bathing, toileting, bedroom, mobility and bariatric equipment.
We offer two equipment-hire services:
- Full hire service―where we deliver, set up and collect the equipment for the DHB
- Equipment-only hire service―where the DHB itself delivers, sets up and collects the equipment.
To enquire about hiring equipment from Enable New Zealand, please contact our Operations Director at our Head Office, Palmerston North.
Palliative Care Equipment Service
Enable New Zealand manages the Palliative Care Equipment Service for the Canterbury DHB (CDHB). This service includes procurement of palliative care equipment, and delivery and installation of equipment in clients’ homes.
To access this service, a referral is needed from an approved referrer in the:
- CDHB Palliative Care Service, or
- CDHB Older Person’s Health Specialist Service, or
- Nurse Maude Palliative Care Service.
To enquire about the Palliative Care Equipment Service, please contact our Operations Director at our Head Office, Palmerston North.