Special project overseas? Let the Jaycee Trust help you
Do you have study or a special project in mind that requires travelling overseas? Will you bring bring back knowledge, skills or ideas that will contribute to your community or industry?
The Palmerston North Jaycee Trust is offering a Travelling Fellowship scheme to people in Palmerston North and the Manawatū District. The selection panel will grant up to $5,000 to successful applicants (maximum $10,000 for each funding round).
They are hoping to encourage applications from a diverse group, so if this sounds like you, get your application in before Friday 31 August 2018.
- Are you under 40 years of age as of 1st of January of the year applying?
- Are you a New Zealand citizen?
- Do you live in Palmerston North or the Manawatū District?
- Do you intend to undertake a project that includes intense investigations beyond New Zealand?
- Can you illustrate the contribution that will be brought back to New Zealand and how, upon your return, you will be qualified to gain and pass on that benefit to your service role in New Zealand?
- Do you intend to travel for less than three (3) months duration?
- Will your project occur between 1 September 2018 and 31 August 2019?
Evidence must show*
- You are under 40 years of age as of 1st of January of the year applying, and
- You are a New Zealand citizen, and
- You live in Palmerston North or the Manawatu District, and
- You have been granted approved paid leave for travelling purposes, OR evidence of intention to return to study programme, and
- You are able to meet at least twenty percent of the total costs of travel.
* Evidence can include: certified copies of passport, birth certificate, recent utility bill, bank statement, letter from employer, letter from study institute etc.