Our services at Level 3
Most of Enable New Zealand’s services continue to operate under COVID-19 Alert Level 3, but with restrictions.
These services continue under Level 3:
- Contactless equipment deliveries
- Equipment repairs that can be carried out outside the home
- Our contact centre
- External housing modifications
- Essential and minor internal housing modifications if appropriate safety measures are in place
These services are suspended under Level 3:
- Outreach face-to-face services such as wheelchair clinics. These are replaced with telehealth appointments.
- Delivery and collection of non-essential equipment which requires contact with our staff or contractors.
Government guidelines under Alert Level 3 require us to only operate services that are ‘essential’, and that can be delivered ‘safely’.
Our services are essential because they reduce the risk of injury or hospitalisation, and support the discharge of people from hospital.
To deliver these safely under Alert Level 3, you may experience some of the following changes.
Equipment deliveries will be left at the door where possible, with no signatures required.
Repair of equipment will be carrier out outside of the home where possible.
If this isn’t possible, we may replace the item instead.
Some changes to our equipment services
There may be delays to the delivery, repair or collection of some equipment.
Requests for equipment categorised as ‘essential’ will be prioritised over other equipment requests.
If an essential equipment item requires support to set up or collect, our team will work with your or your assessor to find a way to do this safely.
Equipment that is deemed ‘non-essential’ can still be delivered or collected under Alert Level 3, so long as physical distancing can be maintained and it does not require support to set up.
If we visit your home
In situations where our staff or contractors need to access your home, we may ask you to leave the room while they’re in the house.
Information about Covid-19 for disabled people and their whānau, including access to easy read guides can be found on the Ministry of Health website.