CONTRACT EXTENDED FOR ENABLE NEW ZEALAND
Enable New Zealand has had confirmation that the range of services it provides to disabled people on behalf of Ministry of Health will continue for at least a further three years from 1 April 2015.
The services include Equipment and Modification Services (EMS), Complex Housing, Assessor Accreditation and Wheeled Mobility and Postural Management (clinics and advisory service).
Scott Ambridge, General Manager of Enable New Zealand, said “we are delighted that the Ministry of Health has chosen to renew our contract for service provision”. “Enable New Zealand works very hard on the Ministry’s behalf to ensure people with disabilities receive timely equipment and modification services. We pride ourselves on our customer service and ensuring that available funds are spent in the most fiscally responsible way”, Mr Ambridge said.
Enable New Zealand is the largest provider of support services across the health, rehabilitation and disability sector for the provision of equipment, housing and vehicle modifications holding regional and national contracts with the Ministry of Health, ACC and District Health Boards. Enable New Zealand is an operating division of MidCentral District Health Board. Its head office is located in Palmerston North, with sites in Christchurch and Hamilton.
"Quality Living - Healthy Lives"
"Enable New Zealand will facilitate and deliver quality access to resources for people with identified health and disability support needs"
Enable New Zealand delivers a range of services for older people and disabled people. These services are contracted by the Ministry of Health, ACC and for some other District Health Boards.
Enable New Zealand:
- Is one of the largest providers of equipment and housing modification services for the Health and Disability Sector in New Zealand.
- Is the largest provider of Disability Information Services in New Zealand.
- Is home to Enable New Zealand Needs Assessment & Service Coordination - one of the best Needs Assessment and Service Coordination Services in New Zealand.
- Manages approximately 100,000 service requests per year for a range of programmes including the spectacle subsidy for children, equipment and housing modification provision for the Ministry of Health and housing modifications for ACC.
- Managed the return, refurbishment and reissue of 26,565 pieces of Ministry of Health owned equipment last year at a net saving of around $14 million.
- Purchased 24,545 items of Ministry of Health List Equipment at a value of $4.8 million last year.
- Manages 9000 requests for disability information each year.
- Receives 186,000 visitors to the Weka Website each year.
Enable New Zealand is an operating division of MidCentral District Health Board.